Stephen "Stevie" C. Beall, Jr.
June 2, 1986 - August 4, 2003
Stevie Beall, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund
PURPOSE: Academic Scholarship
The Stevie Beall, Jr. Memorial Baseball Scholarship Fund, a/k/a Stevie Beall, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund, has been established in memory of Stevie Beall, Jr. who touched many lives during his seventeen years on earth. A generous and giving young man raised in Hampstead, Maryland, Stevie loved life and all aspects of it. He pursued diverse interests, all of which he poured his heart and soul into. Stevie was an independent thinker who was not afraid to challenge people's points of view and voice his own. In Stevie there was a desire to learn, and like a sponge, he absorbed all the information he could. As active as Stevie was in sports, he had an interest in history and developed a deep love of reading which influenced another of his passions, writing. Stevie befriended many and touched lives young and old alike, a remarkable achievement for a young man of seventeen years.
The Stevie Beall, Jr. Memorial Baseball Scholarship Fund was established under a Trust Agreement dated February 1, 2004 (Approved by the IRS as a Public Charity under Section 501(c)(3) and ratified under an Amended Trust Agreement dated February 12, 2007 to include Academic Scholarships.)
In addition to its original Baseball Scholarship awards, the Academic Scholarship has been established to provide scholarship(s) for a North Carroll High School graduating senior(s). Since the closing of North Carroll High School, we are now offering Academic Scholarships to graduating seniors at Manchester Valley High School.
ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION CRITERIA:
A. An Academic scholarship will be awarded each year to a student(s) who meets the following criteria:
- The student(s) shall be a graduating senior(s) of Manchester Valley High School.
- The student(s) shall be pursuing studies in the field of History, English, Political Science, Professional Writing, Mass Communications and/or Communication Studies.
- The scholarship(s) will be awarded based on financial need.
- The Student(s) shall demonstrate a desire to learn, academic achievement, an excellent work ethic, positive disposition, respectful and willingness to give to others.
- Student(s) shall submit a letter of recommendation from a Manchester Valley High School teacher.
- Student(s) shall submit an essay on why he/she wants to pursue their chosen career.
B. The administration of the scholarship(s) shall be as follows:
- The recipient(s) shall be selected by the Trustees of the Stevie Beall, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund and/or with the assistance of the Scholarship Committee of Manchester Valley High School.
- All income generated from the Scholarship Fund shall be used for the scholarship award pursuant to the Stevie Beall, Jr. Memorial Baseball Scholarship Fund, a/k/a the Stevie Beall, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund, Amended Trust Agreement.
- The amount and number of the awards may vary based upon the earnings of the Fund.
- The money shall be transmitted by the Stevie Beall, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund directly to the student's chosen University or College and applied directly to the student's account. The monies shall not be remitted to the scholarship(s) winner directly. If a student does not enter school or having entered, drops out, the scholarship grant or part thereof refunded shall revert to the Stevie Beall, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- The Stevie Beall, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund in conjunction with the Scholarship Committee of Manchester Valley High School will determine the application process.